Saturday 12 March 2016

New toys!

With impeccable good timing, Nic Robson saw to it that my latest shipment of toys from Eureka should arrive just a couple of days after I finished the last of the modern Afghan stuff (the rocket launcher, of course).  So this weekend I get to clean and assemble and prime for painting these latest goodies!

I and been ordering from Eureka Miniatures USA up until now.  However in recent months the Canadian dollar has taken a nose dive compared with the US$, effectively adding 25% to 30% to my cost to order miniatures.  Fortunately, CAD$ and Australian $ have stayed very close to par with each other, which means that the slightly higher cost of shipping from Oz is offset by not paying a penalty on the exchange!!


Here is the haul:

and some closeups





Nic even dropped in this lovely gentleman, as if to tempt me to move on to the Barren Rocks of Aden where Mad Mitch's Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders were involved in some of the last colonial actions in the British Empire!



No comments:

Post a Comment