Saturday 9 September 2023

Cattle

 Pegasus Hobbies' Farm Animals is truly the kit that keeps on giving!  I've previously featured the sheep, goats, pigs and dogs from this set.  And I've still got the poultry to finish up some time!  However, today it is the turn for the cattle.  

My immediate inspiration to get these cows table-ready comes from What A Cowboy and the possibility of a cattle stampede appearing as a random event.  However, sharp-eyed observers may detect a top secret hint for another gaming possibility.  I am definitely no expert on cow breeds, but I decided to include a few different patterns - these cattle are as likely to appear on a European WWII table as they are in a Wild West game!


The cow at the left rear is not Pegasus, but Eureka Miniatures, and is part of a vignette featuring a couple of milkmaids.


Here she is being milked.  The milkmaid's face turned out nicely, if I do say so myself.


Her companion's face, however, is a bit unfortunate!






No comments:

Post a Comment