Saturday 2 December 2023

Brigate Garibaldi Partisans and another ersatz Nazgul

 After reading Ben MacIntyre's SAS: Rogue Heroes, I have an idea for a WWII partisan scenario.  This has motivated me to finish up a few more Italian partisans.  These ones are supposed to be members of the Communist Garibaldi Brigades, or Brigate Garibaldi.  One of the key identifiers for the Garibaldi partisans was their red scarf.

Here are the new models,



And here are all the partisans to date.


I also added another ersatz Nazgul.  This one is based on Perry plastics with a GW Rohan horse, so actually looks a bit more like the GW LotR figures than my other conversions.

Here is the base figure - a WotR man at arms on a Rohan horse.



Added greenstuff cloak.




And here is the painted rider, along with a barrow wight.  I now have three riders - which leaves me a bit of a dilemma.  For the Flight to the Ford of Bruinen, there should be nine riders, but that is the ONLY scenario that needs nine riders.  Not sure it's worth building a full nine riders for just one game...





No comments:

Post a Comment