Saturday 16 March 2024

Sayid from White Sun of the Desert and the cat lady

 This next Basmachi figure is not as close a match for Sayid as the previous one is for Abdullah.  However, having enjoyed painting Abdullah, I felt a need to represent Sayid.  Sayid is a character from White Sun of the Desert - he is an ally for Sukhov, the main character.  At the start of the film, Sukhov rescues Sayid when he finds him buried up to his neck in the desert.  Through the rest of the film, Sayid shows up like a deus ex machina whenever Sukhov gets himself into too much trouble.  A very laconic character, when asked why he shows up just when needed most, his response is, "I heard shots".

Here is Sayid as Sukhov finds him.


Sayid wears a ragged striped kaftan for most of the film, and is a crack shot with a rifle.


So here is my take on the character.



I also finished up a cat lady from Pulp Figures.  Strictly speaking, she is not a Dangerous Dame, but rather an Arcane Academic.  My limited experience with cats has convinced me to put her with the DDs just to be safe!





No comments:

Post a Comment