Tuesday 1 March 2022

2" Mortar Teams

Continuing with my 1940-ish Highland Platoon, here is the last element needed for the base platoon, the 2" mortar team.  Anyone who has played Chain of Command with me knows that I just love using my 2" mortar teams to drop smoke all over the battlefield, so my new force could not be complete without one of these weapons!

These two teams are from Crusader Miniatures, and are intended for the 1940 BEF.  I did a very hasty, sloppy conversion to put two of the mortarmen into kilts.  It doesn't hold up to a close inspection, but at arm's length it can trick the eye.

The kilted team will join my Highlanders, and I'll have the second team on standby in case I decide they are also needed.







4 comments:

  1. Nicely done Will. Interesting you opted to go with separate bases for each member of the crew. Thinking about it, I may do a couple the same way to aid with casualty removal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terry. My original plan was to put them on team bases, but then it occurred to me that separate bases would be more flexible.

      Delete
    2. The only issue I had is that for the Warlord Games figures the 2nd guy is about to drop he round down the tube, so he may look a bit odd being offset by a different base. Finding some alternative figures has shown to be the solution for that!

      Delete
    3. That can happen with many 'team' figures, such as firers and loaders for LMG and MMG teams, they just don't look right when based separately. I was pleased that these ones worked out!

      Delete