Sunday 29 October 2023

MG08 and granatenwerfer

 Expanding on my late WWI German zug, here is the famous German WWI machine gun, the maschinengewehr 08 or MG08 on sled mount, and the kleine Granatenwerfer 16


The MG08 is of course extremely important for any WWI game.  I have several German MG for early war, but was missing one for later in the war, after the introduction of the Stahlhelm.  This model is from Great War Miniatures, with an ammunition carrier added from the GWM German LMG set.



For this model, I put magnets on the loader and spotter so they can be removed if needed.  In a recent WWII Bolt Action game, my MMG was reduced to a single gunner, so if that happens with this model, I'll be ready.



I've also added a granatenwerfer, which was a light grenade launcher developed for trench warfare.  This model is also from Great War Miniatures.




No comments:

Post a Comment