Sunday 1 October 2023

Wargames Atlantic WWI Germans

I have a pretty good selection of early war (1914-15) armies for WWI Western Front, including French, British/Canadian and German forces.  I've also got a pretty good force of late war (1917-18) Canadians, but they were missing a suitable opponent.  So I picked up a box of Wargames Atlantic Germans to provide my Canucks with a suitable opponent.  As I've found with other WGA boxes, there are plenty of bits that allow the troops to be customised as desired.  While I chose to provide these soldiers with Stahlhelm, but the box includes enough heads with gas masks, pickelhaube, or feldmutze to equip all the troops.  


I've carried on with different bases for leaders and special weapons.  Officers and NCOs on hex bases.  The straps for the binoculars are a bit blocky.  


The gunner with the MG08/15 on the right and his loader are from the WGA box, and the Lewis gunner and loader are from Great War Miniatures.  Size matches nicely.



Another size comparison.  You can see that the plastic rifle on the left is pretty thin, so that is one place where the difference between plastic and metal figures will be noticeable.



A selection of the regular soldiers.  As WWI Germans really embraced grenades, so I piled on as many grenades onto each model as I could.  I only realised after I finished assembling the models that each of the stick grenades had a small clip to show where it would hook onto the soldiers belt or webbing.  Oops!  Main thing is that there are loads of grenades.



I did actually have one late war German model - this field gun and crew from Renegade Miniatures.  



























No comments:

Post a Comment