Sunday 17 January 2021

Russian Haul

 I'm back!  And I've got a big pile of Russian stuff to work on.

First up, a big expansion to my Um Bum collection.  I currently have a 4 houses, which will be expanded to a small village when I add these.


The new buildings are HO scale buildings for rural Russia, suitable for mid-20th Century (say, for Operation Barbarossa), including three more houses, two churches and a small factory.  There's also a roughly 28mm sized Italian Baroque-styled church that I hope will fit in with my Sicilian terrain.

For the Great Northern War, I have some lovely new resin figures from Kordegardia.  This will be my first project with resin figures, so will be an educational process for me!



The figures are 25 musketeers and 10 grenadiers.

From Siberia Miniatures, I picked up 

- 24 Basmachi (12 mounted, 12 on foot) plus a mountain gun and crew (these are particularly inspired by the look of the Basmachi in the movie White Sun of the Desert).  Note separate heads, still to be added.

- modern Russian Presidential Guard (and president)


- Russian Civil War defenders of the manor



I also got a proper Ushanka, along with a Red Army cap badge.  The Ushanka is plenty warm, especially with the flaps down.  Especially lovely when the temperature drops to -18C!





If I'd been thinking, I would have picked up half a dozen of these cap badges to use as CoC patrol markers!





2 comments:

  1. What were the prices on the figs like, Will?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the GNW resin figures, a set of 5 figures is 750 rubles, approx CAD$13. I didn't have to worry about shipping, so I don't know how much extra they'd have to charge for that.
      For the Siberia miniatures, the prices are on their website in USD.
      UmBum buildings are pretty inexpensive, the priciest was maybe CAD$10, with most of the houses coming in closer to CAD$5.

      Delete