I haven't posted on my terrain project in a while, but since the voting has happened, I can now show my next steps.
First up is painting. The painting recipe is pretty simple: base coat of yellow ochre craft paint, slathered on quite thickly.
Next step is a dry brush with Folk Arts 963 Camel, and the base dust colour is set.
Had to do some patching to fill gaps
Once I got the base paint coat down, I got started on the roads. To simulate the paved surfaces I used pieces of black felt from the craft store, with plastic bases so that I can blue tac them in place if I find they move around too much. So far I haven't needed the blue tac, but it's still an option.
You can see the telephone poles that I made for this project, as well as the paved road and Bailey bridge.
Step one was to build a piece of difficult terrain by cutting a sheet of MDF to a suitable size and shape, and cover with plaster, small rocks and sand.
This blends in nicely and covers the junction of all four boards, but still leaves the remainder of the joints. And yes, I have built additional difficult terrain to add to my BSC difficult terrain project!