Saturday 19 November 2022

German Officers and NCOs

 Inevitably, it seems, I end up with more officers, NCOs, musicians and other command-type figures than I need, especially in ratio to the regular rank and file soldiers.  My 1940 Germans are no exception!


When I was prepping these forces for painting, I found I was short of suitable bases, so I stopped by Magic Stronghold Games, on Boundary Road.  That's where I was inspired to try 3D printed resin bases from Gamer's Grass.  If I was properly motivated, I would have shaved down the integral bases from the figures, but I chose not to, mostly as I was certain I'd end up badly damaging the legs of the figures.  Unfortunately, this means that I lose some of the benefit of the texture on the bases.  None the less, by putting leader figures on these distinct bases, they will stand out from the rank and file.


Senior leaders get to stand out a bit more as I have put them on city/street themed bases.  Here are a leutnant, feldwebel and kapitän, who will serve as the senior leaders for my platoon (or zug). 



Next up are the three squad leaders, possibly obergefreiter.  



And here are the 'extra' officers and NCOs.  They will no doubt be assigned to more specific roles eventually :)




2 comments: