Monday 7 November 2022

Maschinengewehr 34

 From Crusader Miniatures, here are the MG34 teams for my 1940 German Wehrmacht.  There are three squad-level LMG teams of three men each, plus a tripod-mounted MMG with a five-man team.



Following my standard base marking scheme, I've added one, two or three dots on each base to show which squad each of the LMG team members is in.  As an added differentiation, LMG teams are on larger, 25 mm round bases (compared to the 20 mm bases for other schutzen in each squad), and the MMG team members are on square bases.  Hopefully that will make it easier to tell the teams apart when these troops finally deploy onto the tabletop!



I apologize for the quality of the photos.  It was a wet, miserable day and I couldn't get the lighting the way I'd like.



Here is the MMG team, with three extra crewmen to soak up casualties!





First squad LMG team advancing. The helmet decals are from Company B.



Second squad kneeling LMG team.



Third squad LMG team, with the 'over the shoulder' firing position.  I can't see this being practical or safe in a real-world setting, but there are plenty of staged photos from WWII showing this stance, so it's appropriate enough to include one example in the set, I guess.







And a final group shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment