Saturday 5 August 2023

Remember when GW made affordable, useful gaming stuff?

 I managed to catch up with an old friend on my recent road trip to Alberta, who kindly returned to me a whole pile of wargaming stuff that I'd left at his house many years ago.  The haul included these gems that Games Workshop made many years ago, but which have long since disappeared from their store.   

The treasures include these walls and fences:




About 12 feet of fences and walls here, in 8" and 4" sections.  Rob also returned these great plastic hills:






2 comments:

  1. WOAH! Thanks for reminding me, I have that Big Box terrain set they sold back then that still needs building! One can never have enough walls & fences! I think the set also includes or 2 of those hills too. Maybe a woods? Guess I will see. I think they also had a village box set just as big at that time. Your right though, about the elder days of GW & some of the great stuff they had for decent amounts of money. How was Fort Edmonton Park?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Terry! I picked these items up individually, not as a big box. Ft Edmonton was a big success, Arthur had a great time. He wanted to spend all his time in the 19th Century areas, no interest in 20th Century :)

    ReplyDelete