Thursday, 17 September 2026

American-Lafrance Fire Engine

During the 1931 Black Tuesday labour battle in Estevan, Saskatchewan, the RCMP and town police used the town's American-Lafrance fire engine to intimidate the strikers.  During the battle, RCMP first opened fire in response striker Nick Narvan climbing onto the fire engine.  When I organised the first attempt at the game in May I improvised the fire engine from a 1:48 scale WWII tanker truck on a deuce and half truck.  It bothered me that the model was not authentic, so I searched for a more accurate model of the town's 1928 fire engine, eventually finding an STL for a very similar model from Wargaming 3D.  Gaming buddy Tyler printed it out for me, and here it is with some paint on it.




For comparison here is the new 1/56 fire engine alongside the 1:48 scale water tanker.









No comments:

Post a Comment