Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Annie, Mary, Pearline and more Sinners

 Here are some more figures that will represent the characters from Sinners.  

First up, here are Annie, Mary and Pearline, the romantic partners for Smoke, Stack and Preacherboy respectively.  

Annie, in the centre, is Smoke's estranged wife.  She is a practitioner of traditional medicine and well-versed in Hoodoo, which is a form of African-American spirituality. She is wise and teaches the other people in the Juke about how to combat vampires.  She's also a great cook and is recruited by Smoke to feed the Juke Joint patrons.  I've represented her with a British or Irish housewife from Footsore Miniatures - unfortunately, not the best representation as Annie in the movie is about as tall as the men, where this version is, well, not.

Mary, on the right, is from from Pulp Figures.  She is Stack's white-passing ex-girlfriend.  I couldn't quite get the correct shade for her dress, it should be more of a pastel shade.

Finally, I wasn't able to find a good match for Preacherboy's romantic interest, Pearline.  Instead, this Pulp Figures gangster will proxy for her.  I'll be happy for the model to carry a sawed-off shotgun - when facing vampires, best to take every advantage you can get!



For Bo and Grace Chow, I again went to proxies, again from Pulp Figures.  They don't look much like the characters in the movie, but it will be clear who these represent.


I also don't have good matches for Cornbread (the bouncer) or Delta Slim (blues musician), so these two figures will be their proxies.  Not perfect, but for my purposes they will be close enough.


Finally, this chap from the Pulp Figures' Strikers will stand in for Remmick.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment