Last week at the Trumpeters' monthly game night, Fletch had some old (really old - 1992 old) miniatures for sale, so I picked up two packs of Grenadier Miniatures Vampire Hunters. You see, I have this idea for a Halloween scenario...
There are three figures, one with a cross, one with a stake and one with, something in his hand. Lost Wiki says it's a mirror, but looks more like a vial of holy water to me, so that's how I painted it.
I decided that the hunter in the centre looks like Stack, one of the twins played by Michael B Jordan in the 2025 movie Sinners, in my opinion one of the best movies of recent years, so he's painted as close I could match to Stack's red fedora and pin stripe suit.
One of the ever-present gripes of gamers is that miniatures are subject to 'scale creep', and that miniatures gradually increase in size so that older miniatures are simply too small to put on a table with newer ones. Well, these models put the lie to that complaint! These figures tower over newer models. Figures from Pulp Figures for comparison.
But I don't mind, once the game starts no one will be bothered by the size difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment