Tuesday 29 January 2019

Grenadiers WIP

For my Great Northern War Russian Army, I decided that I want grenadiers with grenades, in active poses, but, alas, I was not able to find any readily available.  So instead, I decided to make my own!  

Starting with the WGF plastic WSS Artillerymen as a base, and with lots of bits from other WGF WSS plastic sets generously shared by Doug and Kevin, plus a supply of pewter grenadier heads from Ebor, I have fabricated these:



Torsos don't match exactly.  I considered adding a bit of modelling putty to fill the gap, but I don't think I'll need that.  Once these are painted, the overlap won't be easy to see.


I used Ebor heads to match the Repnin Grenadiers I'd already painted:  https://willstoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2018/05/grenadiers-for-peter-greats-army.html

Grenadier mitres come in a distracting variety of styles. I'm not judging which is best and I'm certainly not ready to research the exact style of mitre used in this army, but I do want to be consistent.  The mitre here supplied by Ebor matches the mitre shown in the Osprey Man-at-Arms book so it's good enough for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment