Thursday 6 October 2022

Siggy the big ol' Infantry Gun


 I originally picked up this gun to support my Germans on Sicily, but those guys are well set already with an 88 mm Flak gun and not one but TWO Tiger tanks.  Instead, Siggy the SIG33 will support the Blitzkrieg Germans.  I figure that they'll need the big door knocker to get up close and personal with any Dutch, Belgians, French or Brits who are hiding in fortified locations!  Even if they don't choose to take it as an on-table asset, it can still fulfill a role as a marker for an off-table bunker buster.

This gun is a 15 cm sIG 33 aka the schweres Infanterie Geschütz 33.  The model and 4 of the gunners are from Die Waffenkammer, the remaining two gunners are from the Perry Miniatures DAK box.  






The gunners are wearing smocks.  I'm a bit uncertain when Wehrmacht soldiers started wearing smocks, but since these are the models available, I am using them with my approximation of Splittermuster pattern.  

Overall, a nice model, and I'm looking forward to it making a big bang once it gets on the table.  Of course, with my gaming history, it's more likely to miss its first shot and the get completely wiped out the following turn!







No comments:

Post a Comment