Sunday 16 October 2022

Some French characters for 1940

 As I've been painting my figures for 1940, I've been playing appropriate DVDs for background ambience.  A favourite is the carefully researched and historically-accurate drama 'Allo, 'allo, which has helped me consider the ambiance and flavour of this place and time.  In addition, the Chain of Command Blitzkrieg handbook even provides options to include some interesting options on the wargaming table!

First up, here are some French police (or gendarmes) who can show up as allies to the BEF, or as fifth columnists pulling off a shabby Nazi trick!  Five of them are from Brigade Games, and they are commanded by a Captain from Artizan Designs.



I also found in my collection this fellow, who can either be a franc-tireur or an infiltrated Nazi.  Either way, he is likely to be in a world of trouble if the other side gets their hands on him!  I'm not quite certain of his origin, probably a Warlord Games Bolt Action figure.  





1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Terry, I'm happy to be back painting again!

    ReplyDelete