Sunday 2 October 2022

Blitzkrieg Germans - Opel Blitz and Sd Kfz 221

 Over the past months, I've lost my painting and blogging mojo.  I've been looking at my mountain of unpainted miniatures, and not finding the inspiration to pick up a brush.  So in my typical way, I've decided to start a completely new project ;^)



This new project is to build an opposing force for my Pulp Figures Highlanders.  Their obvious enemy is the German Wehrmacht for the 1940 invasion of France.  As a bonus, these Germans historically didn't get along with anyone, so I can use the same force to invade Poland in 1939, Denmark and Norway in April 1940, France, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Belgium in May 1940, Yugoslavia in April 1941 or the USSR in June 1941.  Beyond this they can be used for imaginary campaigns like Operation Seelowe/Sealion (German invasion of England after the Battle of Britain).  After late 1941, they will start to get a bit out date.

The force starts with a Leichter Panzerspähwagen (M.G.), aka the Sonderkraftfahrzeug 221 (more commonly Sd Kfz 221). This is a resin model is from Company B, with a machine gunner built from the Perry Miniatures Afrika Korps set.





I am not adding weathering, mostly from laziness, but my excuse is that these are brand new vehicles, going into action for the first time, in the best condition that they will ever be.

Next up is a Warlord Games' Opel Blitz.  I previously painted one of these up for my German defenders of Sicily, and I liked it so much I decided that my new Germans need one.  Maybe the new force will be motorized infantry.









Markings are decals that come in the Warlord Games kit, which says these are for the 18th Infantry Division (18. Infanterie-Division).  I'll take their word for it :)

Hopefully I'll be posting more frequently over the next little while.  

2 comments:

  1. They look good Will, & never fear, the mojo will return, once something sparks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terry, looking forward to getting back into my groove :)

      Delete