Saturday 19 October 2019

Canadian Nurse

During the Second World War, nurses followed the Canadian Army, tended the wounded in hospitals, Casualty Clearing Units, Field Surgical Units, and Field Dressing Units.  These were generally behind the lines, so it's not really accurate to have this particular join my platoon of Hasty Ps, but I have the model, and so here she is.

She is from Bad Squiddo Miniatures, and should probably be dressed in woolen battledress, but since I've assigned her to Operation Husky, I've painted her in KD (khaki drill).  As a result, the cut of the uniform isn't exactly correct.  She should likely have a cotton skirt rather than trousers (although trousers are much more practical), and the jacket with shirt and tie is a bit too much to wear in Sicily in the heat of August!







2 comments:

  1. A useful and beautiful nurse, glad to see this kind of unit on the tables...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Phil, I like to have the support arms present as well! Plus the Bad Squiddo figures are so great I won't miss the chance to add them to my armies :)

    ReplyDelete