Saturday 19 October 2019

Hasty Ps - 3 Section and Platoon Command

Here are the remaining members of my platoon from the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment - 3 Section and the platoon HQ section.

3 Section group shot:








 The rifle group




One of the soldiers has a No.68 anti-tank grenade.  I don't know if he'll ever get a chance to use that or if he will simple be another rifleman.  Time will tell, depending on which rule set I end up using and how detailed I want to get!

The Bren group



The gunner and loader are sharing a base - hopefully won't cause any trouble when it comes time to remove casualties.  If it does, then I'll have to use a marker.

Platoon HQ is almost finished - I still need to conjure up a PIAT from somewhere!  


Here's the brave platoon commander, a 2nd Lieutenant, with the radio operator.  I'm quite pleased with the tiny little pip on his shoulder!  He's stuck at 2nd Lt, as adding another pip to make him a full Lt was too risky - I didn't want to mess up the painting!


Perry Miniatures will make one sooner or later, or I could find or scratch build one and add it to a figure.  When the PIAT gunner finally shows up, the ammo carrier for the 2" mortar will become the assistant for the PIAT.




Finally, here's a group shot of the Canadian forces to date.  Bless 'em all!



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Could be.... Although in his memoirs, Squib Mowat hints that he was smaller than the rest of the soldiers in the Hasty Pees. Just as tough, mind you, thanks to those Saskatoon winters!

      Delete
    2. Yes, of course. And if it was to be Farley, he should probably have field glasses dangling about his neck for birdwatching when he's not being shot at!

      Delete