Saturday 24 December 2022

Spiders!

 I picked up these Wargames Atlantic giant spiders, with the idea that we may someday get to play a game based on the adventures of Bilbo Baggins and Co in Mirkwood.  This isn't even the whole set!




Here are some closeups of one of the large giant spiders, nice detail, even if it's a bit fiddly to assemble.



I kept to a simply paint scheme.  Just a base colour, heavy ink wash and then picked out the eyes.  I experimented with a slightly fancier pattern, based on spiders I found outside.  You can see the one on the right with the pattern.  It looks better, but I don't have the patience right now to paint all of the spiders this way!  I also based up two of the smaller spiders, but as these are fairly robust figures, the basing isn't really necessary.

This kit includes some special masks and legs arms appendages with science fiction-style weapons.  So, of course I used them for a couple of the spiders!




Another bonus is the inclusion of some trussed-up victims, being saved as spidey-snacks for later!  There are two styles, human and hobbit.





And lastly, here is a quick size comparison with the GW LotR figures.  Yet another hazard for Thorin and Co on their trek to the Lonely Mountain!






















No comments:

Post a Comment