Saturday 31 August 2019

PSC Russian Nurses and Commisars

Here are the next PSC figures to come off the painting table.  These come from the Russian Infantry box.  This box comes with 57 figures, so it will take me a while to get through them all.  

I've started with the 3 female figures and the 3 officer types in peaked caps.  The women are all going to be medics.  I had a vague idea that I could repurpose one or two of them in other roles such as signaller, but for simplicity I'm just leaving them as medics.  The faces on these ladies aren't quite as nice as I'd like, probably a restriction from the way they moulds were set up.  The bag should have a very visible red cross on it, however it is not as clear as it could be due to the position of the figure's arm.  I've just sort of squeezed it in as best I could - not quite accurate but makes the figure's role clear for gaming purposes.

I tried slightly different uniforms for the three blokes.  The uniforms are loosely based on suff I found in Osprey MAA 216, Red Army of the Great Patriotic War.  Depending on game needs, they can be Commissars, NKVD or another role.  The main idea being that they will stand out from the rank and file. 





2 comments:

  1. Great looking figures to look after your men, by the strong ... or sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil, looking forward to gaming with them!

      Delete