Thursday 23 April 2020

New goodies arrived!

Exciting week for me!  Well, no, not actually.  Still physically distancing, which is a bit dull but certainly allows time for painting. Anywho, I ended up at my local B&M shop Hammertime Hobbies on the weekend (carefully observing all physical distancing requirements, only one customer in the shop at a time), where I picked up a couple of Warlord Games vehicles in addition to the brushes and paints that I actually went there for.  I chose an Opel Blitz


(I particularly like the full section of infantry that comes with the kit. I've put magnets on each so that they can be removed as necessary)

and a Hanomag (SdKfz251/1)


Curiously, the Hanomag includes passengers but not a driver!  Fortunately, I had a spare German driver in my bits box, although I needed to trim down his seat a bit to make him fit.

And then yesterday, I received an order in the post from Perry Miniatures!


A PaK36 anti-tank gun for the Germans, and for the Canadians a QF 6-pdr anti-tank gun, an extra section of infantry and a trio of motorbikes.  

And yet there's more!  Today I received my Dangerous Dames Kickstarter Package from Bob Murch of Pulp Figures!  I am very excited by these, and thrilled with the service from Canada Post, as I only just spoke with Bob on the phone yesterday to confirm the extra packs to be added to the order.  24 h service from Canada Post - I know that complaining about Canada Post is like complaining about the weather, so today I want to give them their due.  Excellent service!



Of course, the dilemma now is to choose what to paint next...

(well, no, I've already decided to finish up the Opel - but after that?)



No comments:

Post a Comment