Wednesday 8 April 2020

We're putting the band back together

There's a scene in the 2008 Russian Civil War movie "Admiral", about White Russian leader Admiral Kolchak, when the White Army charges into battle led by their band.  (the movie was released in 2008, the Russian Civil War was from 1917-1922)  It's scene that's stuck in my mind, so when Empress Miniatures released a Russian band as part of the 1905 Russo-Japanese War line, I knew that I wanted one of these sets for myself.

I did a bit of creative interpretation for their uniforms.  I decided that the 1905 uniform was a bit too bland, so I went for a look that was inspired by the uniforms of the Russian Guard in 1877.  That's where I got the green gymanstyorka shirts with white trousers and caps. With the 1877 colours, they could almost join my current 1880-ish Russian Army for Central Asian adventures. Almost...






Here's a scene from "Admiral" that inspired this purchase!


No comments:

Post a Comment