Saturday 4 April 2020

WWII Characters

Here are some character figures that have found their way onto my painting desk.



In the middle, we find Old Blood and Guts himself, Major General George S. Patton, Jr.  This figure was a bonus when I bought Bolt Action 2nd Edition from Warlord Games.




He has his famous ivory handled pistols, and an Armored Division patch on his left arm.

The other two figures are sculpted by Bob Murch of Pulp Figures, but marketed as part of the Crucible Crush company.  First up is an 8th Army soldier ready to fight in North Africa (which I have painted to match my 1st Division Canadians).





Unfortunately, the figures are a poor match for my Perry figures!


Last up is a special release, a donation from Doug.  This was a special release, a Canadian soldier with a cup of tea.  He is wearing the Mark III helmet, which was issued to the 3rd Canadian Division for D-Day - so my figure is wrong for having the 1st Division red patch instead of the French Grey patch of the 3rd!  




So even though they're not likely to be in a game, they are still magnificent looking models.


No comments:

Post a Comment