Saturday 18 July 2020

WWII Armies 'on parade'

Since the 'Rona has shut down my gaming club, I've decided it was finally time to get a table so I can game at home!  So I picked up a couple of 6' tables from Canadian Tire, and now have the ability to set a 5' by 6' gaming space.

It also allows me to finally set out my WWII armies in full.  I've been working on WWII armies for over a year, and wanted to see how far I'd progressed.  I'd initially intended to keep things small, but of course my miniature megalomania kicked in, and I needed at least 'one of everything'!

Here are the Canadians (with some representation from other Western Allies).  It all started with the Perry Miniatures Desert Rats box, and has since grown, and continues to grow!  These represent the 1st Canadian Division in Sicily, when they wore khaki drill uniforms.  The exceptions are the vehicles in the right foreground, and the characters behind.  The Churchill is done up as 'Bert' of the Calgary Tanks at Dieppe, the jeep is a generic American vehicle, and 'Harry' is a British Valentine tank for the North African campaign.




Opposing the Canadians, here are the Germans.  The white Panzer IV and the grey Panzer 38t are intended to fight Russians in Operation Barbarossa, but the rest are intended to be various German forces in Sicily.  They are not historically accurate - many are in Fallschirmjager uniforms, due to my mistake early in collecting, when I got mixed up about the uniforms of the 1st Fallschirm-Panzer Division Hermann Goering.  




To round out the collection, here are my current Russian forces.  They are not aimed at any particular campaign and so far haven't seen any action, with the exception of the tanks that  been in a few What A Tanker games.




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful little collections you've gathered together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim. You know better than me, how intentions can slip out of control - 'I just need one...' becomes three or more different armies, plus terrain, and more and more...

      Delete