Sunday 11 April 2021

Tiger Tiger Burning Bright

Even though I recently added a Tiger I to my collection, I didn't really like the model that I picked.  https://willstoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2020/11/armourama.html  There's nothing wrong with the Warlord/Italeri model, but it just didn't do it for me.  So I ordered this lovely model from Die Waffenkammer.

The tank commander has a blue band on his sleeve to show he's with the Hermann Göring Panzer Division.



I have nothing much to say about it.  It's a lovely model, it was nice to paint.  As usual, I have magentised the tank commander and the hatch, so I can swap them back and forth to show the tank status as 'buttoned' or 'unbuttoned'.



Here are the two Tigers, Waffenkammer on the left, Warlord on the right.

Also, I finally slapped some paint on the last of the three Waffenkammer Valentines that I picked up two years ago.  I'd previously painted one as a Red Army lend lease Valentine, and another as a RTR tank for the North Africa campaign.  I'd procrastinated on how to paint this third Valentine, considering such diverse ideas as Canadian livery, which was only used for training in the UK.  But finally, just wanting to clear it from my backlog, I settled on putting it into the Red Army.

Tank commander is from Bad Squiddo.

Hatch can be open or closed:

Here are the three Valentines together.

































No comments:

Post a Comment